Monday, 23 May 2011

Have towel, will travel

May 25th should be an important day for skeptics of various stripes. Why? Because it's Towel Day, a tribute to the wonderful Douglas Adams. People (and cats) all around the world will be wearing towels upon their person all through Wednesday, possibly one of the most powerful psychological tools known to mankind (and the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal).

No idea what I'm on about? Please do yourself a favour and order The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, I promise you won't regret it. A rare work which genuinely makes you laugh and think at the same time - it's filled with bizarre logic and yet it somehow all makes rational sense. Read it for yourself, I'm no wordsmith - you're best experiencing it for yourself than reading me making a hash of reviewing it.

Gargleblasters at the ready, froods. And remember, DON'T PANIC.

1 comment:

  1. Hello :) I found your blog via your Guardian profile. I can't believe I forgot towel day this year *puts reminder in calender for next year*

    I just wanted to say hi as I was pleased, despite appearances to the contrary, to know that there still are rational articulate young men and women coming out of the education system. (sheesh, I'm in pompous old fart mode today, it seems)

    Anyway, good luck with your exams. Try not to get too stressed :)