Monday, 2 May 2011

An elaborate and extended suicide

Dear reader,

I'm writing to you today with some unpleasant news. I've just found out I'm committing an extended suicide by loving the 'wrong' people.

I'll give you a minute to think about that. I wasn't expecting it either, but according to evangelical Christian Jake MacMillan that's exactly what I'm doing. He even compares allowing same-sex attraction to someone allowing someone to hold a gun to their head and fire - absurd, but don't let logic get in the way of a good homophobic rant.

Worse still, I'm also guilty of destroying life through these attractions. How? I don't know, he never explained. I'm very confused about it - am I fine when I'm in a relationship with a man but satanic when I'm in love with another woman? Is it a permanent thing or does it only apply when I'm thinking about it? Seems an awful lot like complete bullshit to me.

So I bid you farewell, viewer, for I may only have 70 more years to live! If only I'd been in love with men alone rather than both genders, then I might have another, um, 70 more years to live!

I don't ask for your help or assistance during this difficult time - I'm actually feeling perfectly normal and happy about it.


  1. Maybe we bisexuals are only half committing suicide? Like cutting our wrists in an A&E and immediately calling for a doctor?

  2. Difficult to tell how he'd interpret that, isn't it? I'm tempted to fling an email in his direction about it sometime. Are we fine when we're in straight relationships but doomed as soon as we eye up another person of the 'wrong' gender?

    Aren't rants fun when they don't think the ideas through?

  3. Rants are always fun but when you realise that people sincerely believe what they're saying it get's pretty depressing.